Reminder for the Job Offering (deadline: *Jan. 29th, 2016*)
“Canonical reference & sustainability of digital editions”
(40 hours/week; fixed-term employment for the period of 12 months, starting
1 April 2016)
The Centre for Information Modeling – Austrian Centre for Digital
Humanities at the University of Graz has rich experience in DH research
and teaching and is involved in a variety of (inter)national projects.
The main research area of the ZIM-ACDH is digital edition as a
generalizable method of semantic and formal enrichment and analysis of
research data from the humanities and cultural heritage domains.
* Job Specifications*
– The research fellow will do supervised research on “Canonical
reference & sustainability of digital editions” in the Marie Curie
Training Network “DiXiT”.
– It is crucial that digital scholarly editions are stable reference
texts that embed in themselves established canonical reference
persistent identifiers (PIDs). The relationship between well-established
reference systems and technical PID systems will be explored in order to
contribute to a common resolving infrastructure.
– The candidate will conduct theoretical research on canonical reference
and human naming systems and their inherent logics, develop a
a generic referencing system for digital editions and implement this
in the Graz FEDORA-Commons-Infrastructure GAMS (
http://gams.uni-graz.at/doku) as a proof of concept.
* Professional Qualifications*
– Relevant doctoral university degree (or research experience of at
least four years), preferably in the Humanities.
– Prior experience with scholarly editing and canonical reference
– Ability to present the subject in English (spoken and written).
– High level of commitment and motivation for scientific work and
This position is funded through the Digital Scholarly Editions Initial
Training Network (DiXiT). To download the mandatory Application Form, visit
– must be in possession of a doctoral degree (or have research
experience of at least four years) and have less than five years of
full-time equivalent research experience.
– must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work,
studies, etc.) in the country of their host organization (i.e.
more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to recruitment.
– must be willing to spend a time period of up to 2 months of their
tenure at one of the DiXiT partner institutions.
*Application Deadline: 29 January, 2016*
Send your application, consisting of a letter of intent, your CV and a
brief outline (up to 1 page) of a specific project you would like to
realize in the context of this position by e-mail to email@example.com or by
regular mail to:
Zentrum für Informationsmodellierung
Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities
University of Graz
Elisabethstraße 59/III, A-8010 Graz
The completed Application Form must be sent separately to:
For further information see
Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or +43 316 380 2292.